About pH Lower
The pH of an aquarium is a very important, yet commonly overlooked aquarium water parameter. A correct, stable pH will help ensure a healthy aquarium environment. The pH of an aquarium can fluctuate due to biological or chemical activity within the aquarium. With pH Decreaser, the pH may be decreased to a desired level for aquarium inhabitants. Adjusting the pH to the proper level has an important influence on fish health and disease resistance.
- pH adjuster for fresh and saltwater
- Increases acidity
- Reduces alkalinity
- Correct pH improves biological filter efficiency
- To decrease pH, add 5 ml (1 cap/1 tsp) per 20 gallons of water.
- Check the pH of your aquarium water prior to dosing.
- Depending on the initial acidity of your water, several doses may be required to reach the target pH.
- Wait approximately 10 minutes, re-check the pH level before adding more Fritz pH Lower.
- If fish are present, limit pH change to 0.2 per day.