About Fritz ParaCleanse
Fritz ParaCleanse treats and controls of a wide variety of parasitic diseases. Use Fritz ParaCleanse for outbreaks of aquatic parasites including velvet (Oodinium dinoflagellates), hole-in-the-head disease (Hexamita spp. & Spironucleus), fish lice, or gill & skin flukes (Dactylogyrus & Gyrodactylus). This treatment is suitable for fresh and saltwater aquariums, and will not discolor the water.
Provides Fast Relief From Parasitic Diseases:
- Fish Lice
- Hole In the Head Disease
- Use of a hospital tank is recommended.
- No water changes, pH or temperature adjustments necessary if readings are in ideal range (Freshwater pH 6.4 - 7.6 / Saltwater 8.0 -8.4, temperature 68̊to 82̊F). Remove all chemical filtration (carbon, ion exchange resins) before and during use.
- Turn off UV sterilizer if present during treatment.
- Aeration and water flow should be maintained.
- In marine aquariums turn off protein skimmer during treatment;resume use after completion of treatment.
- The active ingredients in Fritz ParaCleanse can negatively affect beneficial bacteria which remove ammonia and nitrite from water.
- Testing for ammonia and nitrite is recommended.
- Chemical ammonia removers such as Fritz Aquatics A.C.C.R. may be used during treatment to prevent ammonia poisoning of the fish.
Note: Fritz ParaCleanse will not color or cloud aquarium water.
- One complete course of treatment will take 5 days.
- Treat for the full course of treatment even if visible signs of infection or illness disappear.
- Day One: Add contents of one packet per 10 gallons of water to be treated.
- Day Three: Add contents of one packet per 10 gallons of water to be treated.
- Day Five: Perform a 25% water change.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Each packet contains 250 mg metronidazole and 75 mg praziquantel.
WARNING, This product contains chemicals, including metronidazole, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer